This episode is brought to you by R3. We don’t have sponsors (yet!) so just check out our new website www.r3.com and sign up for our public newsletter on the home page if you would like to receive the latest updates about R3 and Corda.
Links / info from the episode…
Richard Gendal Brown
- Blog post: Universal Interoperability: Why Enterprise Blockchain Applications Should Be Deployed to Shared Networks
- Tl;dr o Short for “too long; didn’t read”
- Moribund o Definition of moribund (from Merriam-Webster) 1: being in the state of dying : approaching death in the moribund patient deepening stupor and coma are the usual preludes to death —Norman Cameron
2: being in a state of inactivity or obsolescence
a moribund virus
a moribund volcano
prune the moribund files from your disk forever —D. S. Janal
- Smh – Shaking my head
- Clifford Chance
- Financial Times: Law firms look to capitalise on initial coin offering boom
- Smart Contracts
- Talking Tech from Clifford Chance
0:37 - 8:41 Recent news with Todd McDonald
- Deconomy rundown
- Social Media & Blockchain – can blockchain help with the data privacy issues firms like Facebook have been recently facing?
- Amber Baldet Leaves JPM
8:41 - 27:30 Richard’s summary of his blog post (Universal Interoperability: Why Enterprise Blockchain Applications Should Be Deployed to Shared Networks)
27:30 - 47:20 Peter Chapman from Clifford Chance discusses why lawyers should be in the know about blockchain technology, how blockchain impacts his clients, how it may impact the practice of law, if lawyers will have to code in the future, and more!